Enabling Adobe Flash
Adobe Flash Player will remain active through 2020. However, the Flash plug-in is now often blocked by default by your browser. Only allow Flash on sites you trust. Here are instructions to adjust your browser settings to allow websites to play Flash content, such as our Math Snacks, Ninja Kitchen, and Treadsylvania games, our Science of Soil interactive modules, and our Virtual Labs.
To enable Flash for Safari:
- From the Safari file menu, open Preferences.
- Select "Websites."
- Select "Plug-ins."
- Click the checkbox for "Adobe Flash."
- Configure Flash for individual websites, e.g., you might set Flash to be "On" for MathSnacks.com
To enable Flash for Firefox:
- Click error message or notification icon to activate the plugin,
- Choose from the following options:
- Allow Now: Activates Flash only for a single visit.
- Allow and Remember: Activates Flash for all future visits to that site.
- If content doesn't load, click the reload button in the address bar.
To enable Flash for Chrome:
To enable Flash on a given website
- Click to enable Adobe Flash Player.
- Confirm by clicking Allow.
- To the left of the web address, click Lock or Info.
- To the right of "Flash," click the Arrows.
- Choose "Always allow on this site".
- Reload the page.
To change your default Flash setting
- At the top right, click More and then Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
- Click Flash.
- Adjust your setting (at the top).